J.D., New York Law School, 1998
B.A., Binghamton University, 1995
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
T (914) 704-4402
C (917) 848-5511
Lisa provides creative, cost-effective and resolution-focused solutions to her clients. As an insurance and litigation defense attorney with nearly 20 years’ experience, she handles litigation defense of property and casualty matters in both Federal and New York State courts, including trials and appeals. Areas of focus include construction and property damage-related litigation, premises and professional liability, retail, insurance coverage litigation and general personal injury and negligence. In addition, Lisa is a certified mediator.
She previously served as an Assistant Corporation Counsel in the Special Federal Litigation Division of the New York City Law Department. In that capacity, she defended the NYPD, FDNY and NYC Department of Corrections against Federal Civil Rights claims.
Lisa is active in several professional organizations, as well as with her alma mater. Leadership roles have included serving as Secretary of the USLAW Network National Construction Practice Group for 2016-2017 and Chair of the USLAW Network Women's Connection Practice Group for 2015-2016. She is also a co-founder of the New York Law School Moot Court Alumni Organization Support Network.
As a firm founder, Lisa creates an inclusive and collaborative work environment that fosters innovation and excellence. On a personal level, she is motivated by a drive to help students and younger professionals find their own passion for the law and volunteers as an alumni-student mentor for New York Law School and Binghamton University.
Outside the professional realm, Lisa has served as the Commissioner of the Scarborough Fire District since 2009. In addition to coaching Little League softball, she plays recreational volleyball and is an avid New York Yankees fan.
- Civil Rights
- Construction Law
- Excess Insurance Coverage and Monitoring
- General Liability
- Premises Liability
- Professional Liability
- USLAW Network: Secretary, USLAW Network National Construction Practice Group, 2016-2017; Chair, USLAW Network Women’s Connection Practice Group, 2015-2016; Co-Chair, USLAW Network Women’s Connection National Conferences, 2015 and 2014; Co-Chair, USLAW Network National Conference Construction Track, 2012 and 2013
- DRI: Committee Member, DRI Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee; Program Chair, DRI Construction 101 Boot Camp, November 2018.
- Additional Memberships: New York State Bar Association, NYSBA Dispute Resolution Section Mediation Committee, Federal Bar Council, CLM
- Winner, 2002 Municipal Affairs Award, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Order of the Barristers
- Palomeque v. Capital Improvement Servs., LLC, Index No. 20340/10, 145 A.D.3d 912, 43 N.Y.S.3d 483 (2d Dep’t 2016), Supreme Court of the State of New York, Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department (2016) - Successful Appeal obtaining reversal and dismissal of all labor law claims
- USLAW Brazelton, GA – “Social Media: Mining for Gold” – April 2017
- USLAW Atlanta, GA – Construction and Risk Management Exchange – Presenter/Moderator: “Mediation: Playing Nice in the Sandbox” – October 2016
- Client Claims Seminar – New York, NY – “NY Labor Law Update” – August 2016
- USLAW Rancho Palos Verdes, CA – Construction Track, Speaker: “Unique Construction Statutes – The New York State Labor Law” – April 2016
- Client Claims Seminar – Exton, PA – “Nationwide Tort Reform Efforts and Jury Verdict Trends” – October 2015
- USLAW San Antonio – Retail Track, Panelist: “The Employee Witness in a ‘Botched’ Accident Investigation” – April 2015
- USLAW Las Vegas – Construction Track, Mock Mediation Module Leader on Indemnity Issues – October 2014
- Client Claims Seminar – Manchester, NH – “Is Risk Transfer Risky Business in New York – Interplay with Contractual Indemnity and Additional Insured Status?” – April 2014
- Client Claims Seminar – Jersey City, NJ – “Is Risk Transfer Risky Business?” – June 2013
- Client Claims Seminar – Exton, PA – “Risk Transfer: Contractual Indemnity, Additional Insureds and OCIP/CCIP in Construction Claims” – February 2013
- DRI Construction Conference – Phoenix, AZ – “The Blame Game in Catastrophic Injury Cases: Sorting Out the Finger Pointing Issues with Statutory Liability, Risk Transfer, Indemnity, OCIPS and Wrap Programs” – September 2012
- Client Claims Seminar – Atlanta, GA – “Contractual Indemnity and Additional Insureds in the N.Y. Labor Law Claim Context” – April 2012
- AGC Surety Conference Forum – Naples – “Contractual Indemnity and Additional Insured Endorsement National Trends” – February 2012