J.D, Pace University School of Law, 2007
B.S., Iona College, 2000
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
T (914) 704-4407
C (914) 714-4222
John is dedicated to achieving the best possible outcomes for his clients. He takes pride in strategizing and providing meaningful counsel in his practice areas, which include construction defects, New York Labor Law, premise liability, toxic torts and general liability. Before joining BMLS, John worked for a national law firm for more than five years. Prior to that, he served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Bronx District Attorney’s Office, where he honed his oral advocacy and trial skills while managing a caseload in excess of 200 cases.
Prior to earning his J.D., John served as a partner/general manager in the Plumbing and HVAC industry for more than 15 years. His experience as a small business owner, coupled with the knowledge and skills he gained working in the construction industry, afford him a unique perspective which informs his understanding of clients’ needs and challenges.
John is also passionate about contributing to his community. He is a Scoutmaster Emeritus and Eagle Advisor for the Boy Scouts of America, a Knights of Columbus 4th Degree member and an Advisor for the Venture Scouts.
- Civil Rights
- Construction Law
- General Liability
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Toxic Torts
- Co-Author: “Fire Suppression Sprinkler Systems Failures” in For the Defense, December 2016.
- Panelist, “Determining Liability Associated with Fire Suppression System Failures,” DRI Fire Science and Litigation Conference, 11/2016
- Panelist, “Determining Liability Associated with Fire Suppression Sprinkler System Failures,” CLM Boston, 7/2016
- Rodriguez v. Antillana (Bronx County) - John Bieder and Sheryl Sanford obtained summary judgement in NY Labor Law action after establishing injury-producing work does not fall under the definition of “Construction.”
- Kuhn v. Sharel Ventures LLC (Monroe County) – Defense verdict obtained in slip and fall matter.